US Da Vinci CDex (FHIR)
CDex Task Attachment Request Profile
Submit Attachment Operation
Requesting Attachments [deprecated]
Eric Haas/Jay Lyle: 7-0-1
In the CDex Task Attachment Request Profile:
- Task.identifier:tracking-id.value is Must Support
- Task.identifier:tracking-id.system is Must Support, but should be
Since a provider system could expect multiple Tasks submitted from multiple payer systems, there exists the potential for collisions in tracking IDs.
Please specify Task.identifier:tracking-id.system as Must Support.
For this change to be meaningful, we need a complementary change.
In the Submit Attachment Operation:
- TrackingId input parameter type is string, but should be Identifier
- Intuitively, this will be easier for implementers to understand since TrackingId ultimately corresponds to Task.identifier.
- The tracking ID's identifier.system can be used to distinguish between solicited and unsolicited invocations of $submit-attachment, which likely require somewhat different implementation details around validation and processing.
- Allows support of multiple discrete systems for tracking IDs in payer systems, which will be respected by provider systems.
- e.g. discrete systems per LOB behind a gateway
I tried to identify all of the relevant artifacts and pages. Unfortunately, I likely missed some because there are a lot of examples that illustrate Tasks and $submit-attachment requests. Should the above changes take effect, please apply them throughout the IG as appropriate.
- mentioned in