Type: Change Request
Status: Resolved - change required (View Workflow)
Specification:US LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) (FHIR)
Raised in Version:0.1
Work Group:Orders & Observations
Align the JSON LIVD format with the IICC spreadsheet format – and depending on the where we are then decide to ballot in Jan2021 if we have alignment achieved in time .
Resolution Vote:Riki Merrick/Rob Hausam: 7-0-0
During COVID-19 crises new use cases for the IICC LIVD Digital Format for Publication of LOINC to Vendor IVD Test Result Version 1.0 arose which led to various small adoption/change proposals.
- Add LOINC version to LOINC mapping tab and remove LOINC Version from publication tab ; link it to the ‘publication version’
- Add Document Identifier, Publication Date, Publisher URL, and Publication Statement to the LIVD Publication content
new use cases
- allow merging of LIVD content from various manufacturers or
- update LIVD mapping in case new product/assays are released with new LOINC codes assigned which are published in a different Relma Version or still in pre-release status
- Update LOINC version for existing mappings, which also requires updating the publication version
- Introduction of Product Reference UDI and Product Reference UDI Type
new use case
Allow publication/mapping not only on equipment base but also product/assay specific for example for research assays or utility channel where a customer made assay is used on a equipment from an other manufacturer
In addition the changes shall be made in the Digital Format handbook, see attachment for full detail/scope
- Update content
- Define Naming for tab's in LIVD excel table format
- When a LOINC mapping is specified, the Cardinality for the code, LCN and each of the 6 major parts is 1..1, but Method should be 0..1 since not every LOINC term has a Method value. (earlier change request Swapna)
- Ensure field length do match with current specification from Regenstrief Institute, update page 11 of LIVD Specification: (earlier change request Swapna)
Proposal is in the draft Digital Format handbook with red lines attached.