Type: Change Request
Status: Triaged (View Workflow)
The following changes were voted on at the May 2019 Montreal HL7 International WGM. This tracker summaries the changes for any further discussion and implementation: Minutes from the quarter are available here:
1. Changes to the equivalence element.
Rename ConceptMap.group.element.target.equivalence *element to *ConceptMap.group.element.target.relationship and change the definition to "Nature of the relationship from the target to the source."
2. Binding for relationship element
ConceptMap.group.element.target.relationship *will have a required binding to a new value set named *ConceptMapRelationship which will draw values from a new FHIR code system named ConceptMapRelationship
3. Retire the prior ConceptMapEquivalence code system and value set.
4. ConceptMapRelationship value set content logical definition is all codes from the ConceptMapRelationship code system.
The ConceptMapRelationship code system will have the following values:
All of the concepts need to have definitions created.
5. Change definition of ConceptMap.group.unmapped
[From Carmela's notes: Clarify that the value in this element is the "default" to be applied when there is no target associated with a source.]
6. Add a new element for ConceptMap.group.element.source.noMap
[In the original text of the tracker this was noted as *ConceptMap.group.element.target.noMap*, but it was changed on the FHIR Tracker call 2019-05-30 because we believe that is incorrect.]
7. Create an additional tracker to provide guidance on how to add and manage extensions to cover any needed additional concepts to refine or extend ConceptMapRelationship (since those codes are exhaustive and mutually exclusive, with a required binding) - e.g., 'categorized-by, 'grouped-by, etc.